Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kayden's First Camp out . . . My last . . . J/K

I don't know how many of you know how much I dislike camping . . . but this trip actually wasn't bad. We went up to Camp Lo Mia (where all the girls camps are for our church) and it was a lot of fun. I left work early on Friday and we were able to head up there and were there by 4:30. It was a lot cooler up there, but it felt nice. They leaves were changing colors and it felt like fall. It was beautiful. We went there for the annual ward camp out. Ryan and I are on the activities committee so we helped with some of the planning.  I felt like we were packing for a week long vacation, because I didn't know how cold it was going to be there so I didn't want Kayden or I to get cold.  Needless to say, I packed way to much.  I think that it was better safe than sorry.  Kayden was the only baby in our cabin that slept through the night.  We didn't get much sleep, but it wasn't because of the other kids... I hate that plastic on the beds.  Every time any one moved it was so loud.  We got home early afternoon on Saturday and Ryan has been working on homework since. 
I took a couple of new pacifiers with me and I handed Kayden them to play with before I took them out of the package and he thought that he could suck on them.  It was so funny.  He couldn't figure out why he couldn't get them in his mouth!
He slept most of the way up there.  I was glad because I knew he wouldn't be taking his evening nap.  He was the first baby to bed that night and the last one to wake up!
I forgot to turn this picture the right way, but this is Kayden's friend, Max Gannon.  He is so cute!  His mom is the head of the activities committee and so we were in the same cabin.  We just found out that Rachel (the mother of Max) and I are cousins.  What a small world!
Kayden loved this glow stick that he found.  
I guess I need to teach Kayden how to defend himself.  He just laid there while Max tried to wrestle him.
I tried this whole trip to get a good picture of Kayden and Ryan finally got this one... with his camera.
Kayden loved getting dirty.  I had to keep telling myself that it was okay.
He ate leaves as well.  Crazy kid.  
Aren't his gloves so cute?  
So sleepy!
Gotta love that laugh!

He loved being part of Explorer Unit 449 or 445 or 567 or whatever number Ryan decides to make up!
Kayden is walking but I think he was kind of intimidated because all the other kids walked so well that he couldn't keep up.  He tried though.
It was a fun little trip!  So glad I decided to go!

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

He is a cute little camper! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweetpee what a cutie you are. Such a good boy. I love you.

Annette said...

Kayden is SO SO cute!!! I can't get over those eyes! I love that you let him get dirty. That would not be easy for me either.