Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello from the Hospital...

Well, I am writing straight from my hospital room.  My weakness hit rock bottom and I ended up collapsing twice on Wednesday.  Ryan rushed me to the emergency room at St. Josephs Hospital in Phoenix.  We came here because they have the Barrows Neurological Institute.  They did a Spinal Tap and found that I had elevated proteins and sugars in my spinal fluid.  They admitted me and since there wasn't a room for me they kept me in the ER until Thursday night.  I am now in the Barrows Neurological Institute.  They did an EMG and at that point they were able to get me that much closer to a diagnosis.  They are treating me with something called CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy).  It is a 5 day treatment that has to be done here in the hospital.  I have already gained a lot of my strength back.  I was able to do my hair BY MY SELF today for the first time in about a month.  I was pretty happy about that.  I don't know how long this treatment will last until I have to have another one, but I do appreciate all the prayers and thoughts and kindness to all those that have known about my condition.

9 comments:

Kuks said...

Amazing for small miracles!!!!!

Robert Choate said...

We are glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better and that they have an official diagnosis. Never heard of such a thing. We hope things continue to look up. Brigham said a prayer the other night and asked that "mamila" got better soon.

The Faucheux's said...

I am so glad that you are on track to living somewhat of a normal life again. Ryan has done a great job of supporting you, emotionally and physically, through all this. I bet you can't wait to get home and actually be able to pick up little Kayden again. Good Luck getting through the rest of your hospital stay!

Unknown said...

So glad you are getting strength back. Hang in there. I bet that little boy misses his mommy. Get better soon!

Brenden+Nikki said...

I'm sorry you're writing from the hospital because I wish you didn't have to be there, yet I'm glad you're there since they are able to help you. I love you Camilla! I will keep praying so that you can feel back up to par and so that they can find something to help you feel normal every day. We love you!

The Kennedy's said...

Camilla, sorry to hear all of what you are going through but i am glad that they have found out what to do to help you. I hope your body does well and you are back on your feet soon. Im sure this can be very scarey, but you have a wonderful husband and supportive family to be there with you through all of this. Get well soon.

Greg G. said...

Hope you feel better Camilla. Leanne and my mom were trading emails, and my mom sent me your blog page. Wow - pretty crazy stuff. . .but it sounds like you are on the mend now. Good news!

Lisa said...

OHHH how scary!! Yes you are in my thougths and prayers!! I'm so glad you are doing better and that treatment is working. I'm sure you are soo relieved!! Hope you just continue to recover!! YOU WILL!! love ya
lisa

The Sextons said...

I am glad to see that you are still blogging even though things are rough right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you find yourself on your way to recovery soon. Love ya