I figured I better sit down and write what is and has been going on with my body. Some of you didn't even know anything was wrong and it was because I was so hoping that it would just go away. Well, after a month of dealing with this it hasn't gotten better...just worse. About a month ago my elbow started hurting and I didn't think much about it other than it really hurt. After my elbow started hurting I started loosing the strength in my arms..both of them. It bothered me but I kept thinking it would just go away. About 2 weeks ago my hands went numb and would tingle some times! This scared the heck out of me so I made and appointment with my Primary Care doctor and he couldn't get me in for 10 days. I thought it would never get here. It continued to worsen and has gotten to the point that Ryan has to do up my bra, pants, and do my hair. That is when I really lost it. I cried that whole day at work and I finally had Ryan give me a blessing. I went to the doctor on tuesday and they ran a couple of tests and requested blood work. I got the blood work done on Wednesday and got into the neurologist that the doctor referred me to for a Thursday appointment. The neurologist did some strength tests on me and just to give you an idea of how bad I really am...She had me squat and try to stand up and I couldn't do that without crawling over to the chair and pulling myself up. I would lift up my arms and she would push them down and I couldn't resist them being pushed down. I always feel like my muscles are extremely fatigued and shaky. She told me that I needed to go directly to the hospital because she thought that I had something called Guillian Baire. In order for this to be diagnosed a ton of tests are run that includes one being a spinal tap. Ryan and I left her office scared and feeling like there was no hope. I got Kayden taken care of and immediately called Dana and Keith. Keith was home and I asked him a lot of questions and he was familiar with the syndrome and was able to give me hope and calm my fears.
Ryan and I checked in at the emergency room and went through a couple of doctors before the neurologist came in. His name is Dr. Wu and he is very knowledgeable and was very thorough and amazing. He took 2 pages of notes and asked a ton of questions. He did all the strength tests that the first neurologist had done plus more. He ordered more blood test, cat scan, and an EKG. He didn't diagnose me with anything, but he did say he thought it was Myasthenia Gravis. He called another neurologist and went over my notes with him and they agreed together that they weren't going to do any major tests until they get my blood work back. I am being treated with medication for the Myasthenia Gravis until the blood work comes back with the results.
I should be getting the results back no later than Tuesday. We are hoping to get some answers and hopefully a diagnosis. I go to the neurologist again on the 30th. Dr. Wu will be my neurologist from this point on. I was very impressed with him.
So that is what is going on with me. I will try to keep you all posted with all the things we find out. I am still really week, but when I take my medication I feel like I am getting some of the strength back in my legs, but my arms are still numb. I am pretty weak all around though. I feel like I can't do a whole lot, but I try. I will be glad when I can pick Kayden up again and put my purse on my shoulder and not look retarded and wash my hands without getting to tired...I think you get the picture!
12 comments:
you're in our prayers!...i'm so sorry you have to go through all this yucky stuff...hope they can figure out the best way to help you soon! i'll be thinking about ya...thanks for letting me know all that's going on. love ya and hang in there. Ü
Thanks for keeping us all updated! And please let me know if there is anything that you need or want me to do. Hang in there...
Camilla! Oh my gosh! That is a little scary. I remember you mentioning how difficult it has been for you to lift things, particularly Kayden. We'll be praying for you.
And might I just say that you have hidden it really well - and I've gotta give props to Ryan because he must be one heck of a hairdresser. I am always thinking how cute your hair is... and all this time Ryan's been doing it. I am IMPRESSED! :)
I'm here to help and offer prayers and support. Maybe I could bring dinner sometime? I like to cook :)
Camilla, I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that everything will be OK. If you ever need someone to watch Kayden, please let me know. I am free most days. (And nights too, if you and Ryan need some time just the two of you.) Email me if you need anything:
jennifer@mullenaux.net
Camilla! I'm so sorry to hear this has been happening to you. It must have been so scary not to have any explanation at first. I'm so glad they at least are on track to getting this figured out for you. Dr. Wu sounds like a great doctor. You will be in our prayers and I hope you recover quickly!
Your little family has been in our thoughts and prayers. We certainly understand what it is like to go through something like this. We know you have great family there to help out. We hope you get answers, and good ones at that, soon. I am impressed you were able to go on an 11 mile hike during this time.
Wow! I had no idea. I am so sorry that things have been so hard lately! I will be sure to keep you in my prayers. I wish we were closer so we could help out too. Be sure to keep us updated with what is going on. I hope that you can figure out what is going on and get better!
You will be in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to go through this. What a trooper you are. Keep be updated.
Karl told me about what happened and I didn't realize how bad it really was until I read your blog....did you find out what the results were? I hope the problem can be resolved. I love you and hope all is ok in spite of the lack of strength.
Camilla, I hope the doctor is able to find out what is wrong soon! That whole thing sounds scary. You are in my prayers!
Ahh you poor thing. I remember while you were here at my house that you said your arm(s) were getting weak. You thought it was something else. I hope everything goes well. We'll be praying for ya!
OHH Camilla! It was so nice to talk to you and hear you are in good spirits!! You are a champ!! You are tough girl. Love ya!!
Post a Comment