Sunday, July 12, 2009

An Update with some pictures...

So, I really haven't updated my blog since we got home from Canada.  It is probably because I got a stupid cold.  But it isn't good that I get a cold.  Nope, I started loosing my strength all over again.  I hate this stupid disease and wish that it would just go away.  So I called and scheduled a treatment and went in and had that done the next day.  It helped a little, but I was still loosing my strength.  I called my doctor and she was really concerned.  She scheduled me to have some blood work done, made an appointment for me to see a neuromuscular doctor that specializes in what I have, and put me on a medication that supresses my immune system.  Through out this whole thing I have never known that the reason I loose strength is because my immune system is way too good.  In fact, it is so good that when it has no more to attack it goes and attacks my nerves.  The only bad thing about this medication is that it takes six months for it to kick in and every month for who knows how long I am going to have blood work done.  So anyway, I am hoping that they can get a handle on this and keep in under control.  Meanwhile, I am having treatments twice a month instead of once and running up a nice little bill for my insurance to cover...I won't say how much one treatment costs, but let me just say...it is higher then you think...higher...higher...higher!


However, on the bright side of life we are doing well and Kayden is growing every day.  His favorite word is 'adios' and he even uses it correctly.  He loves to grab our hands and show us where he wants to go.  Most of the time he takes us to the front door and says, "Go, Papa's house!"  He sure is a papas boy.  Ryan and I think every day how boring life would be without the little rugrat!  He makes us laugh more and more every day.  If he knows you are laughing at him then it makes him laugh really hard.  
Last night, they were giving away bobbleheads at the Dbacks game and Ryan has been collecting these for Kayden since we found out we were having a boy.  So, I decided that I would go to the game with Ryan and take Kayden.  This was his 4th game and he loves them, although, he doesn't last the whole game.  Anyway, during the game on the Jumbotron (the big tv in the stadium) they ask for you to text pictures to this one email and they will put them on at the end of the 5th inning.  We have done this before and they have never put them on.  So last night we sent a picture of Ryan and Kayden and it was the third picture they showed.  Kayden thought it was pretty cool that he was on the big tv...We were glad they finally showed one...

Okay, so here are some pictures of the last couple of weeks...

Kayden was waving at the people on the Jumbotron.
Watching the ducks at the park.
Kayden always went down the slide backwards all the time.
Landon was awesome on the slide...
I just think how he goes down the slide is so funny.

4 comments:

Robert Choate said...

That is so cool he got to be on the Jumbotron. Now all Ryan has to do is catch a home run ball (even if it is from a Dbacks player) to give to him. Hope you are feeling better and strong. We certainly understand about insurance. I sometimes can't fathom how much we have used this year. Glad to hear you have good insurance.

Ben and Chennelle said...

I'm glad you are trying to look at the good side of things. I hope all is ok today and that you are feeling a little better...even if it's just a teeny bit. I'm glad you at least have insurance!

Kuks said...

Stink that is so funny how he goes down the slide.

Dana Prescott said...

I can't get over how cute this kid is, SERIOUSLY!!!!