Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Dear Sweet Grandmother

Today my grandmother returned home to her Father in Heaven.  She had been in a light coma and had been running a fever off and on.  She is able to be with my grandfather and my mother.  She lead by example and was the most loving and caring person.  My grandma was a woman of great faith, service and love.  She dedicated her life to her children, grandchildren and her church callings.  I loved spending the night at her house with her game nights and wonderful breakfasts who wouldn't love it.  I bet the reunion with my grandfather and my mother was a most amazing sight to see.  I would have loved to have been a bystander to see that.  We love you, Grandma.  Thank you for your wonderful example and faith.  You will be missed by all.


This picture was the most recent...February 2009


This was in August of 2008 for Cameron and Alice's wedding.


This was in April of 2008...


This was in September of 2006...


2 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhh!! What a great lady! sad for your loss. You have a great attitude as always!!

Robert Choate said...

I am sorry for your and your family's loss, but you are so right about the joyousness she is having in being reunited with her beloved companion. That is quite the testament to how long they were married. Gives the rest of us a strong example to live for.