Saturday, November 3, 2007

Welcoming Kayden Ryan Workman








Kayden Ryan Workman joined our family on Nov. 2nd, 2007. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 14 oz. measuring 20 3/4 inches long. After being in the birth canal for about 20 hours you can only imagine what a cone head he had. Right after making his presence into this world he melted our hearts.
My stay at the hospital started on Halloween afternoon. I was cleaning and I really felt like I was going to double over in pain. I called my doctor and he told me to go in. I had Ryan's mom take me just in case they admitted me. They hooked me up to the monitors and they couldn't find my contractions on the screen, but they did notice that his heart rate had dropped for a minute and a half. That was long enough that my doctor wanted to induce labor.
At 4 o'clock that afternoon Dr. Seal induced labor using Pitocin. Well, it worked in the way of making me have contractions, but it only made his heart rate go down more and more. After being on it all night Dr. Seal discontinued use and put in a cervidel which softened my cervix. That was to be in for 8-12 hours. They put that in at 7:30 a.m. on the first and took it out at 2:30 p.m. that same day. It worked in the way of softening my cervix. Dr. Seal decided to try the Pitocin again with on success. This time he sat there by the bed and watched the babies heart rate drop. He dicontinued the Pitocin once again and told me to go into labor on my own. I, of course, thought that would never happen. It did!!!!!! I started having the contractions, got an epidural and that next morning gave birth to a beautiful little boy. He is such a joy. He enjoys sticking his tongue out, keeping his eyes wide open, and making mom and dad happy. He is so cute too. I hope you all enjoy the pictures.
Keith, my brother, came in to town today to see his "grandson". He was so cute holding him on the couch. There is a picture of him. Kayden doesn't fit in to his newborn clothes. He has some growing that he needs to do.

7 comments:

Nick & Kristen said...

Ohhh....Kayden IS such a joy! I am so grateful everything went smoothly and that Kayden didn't have any complications! He was so fun to hold and love....LUCKY DUCKS!!! Congrats to the Workmans!!!

We love you,
Kristen and Nick Smith

Krista said...

CONGRATS!!! Oh he is soooo cute!! I think he looks like you Camilla!...(as far as I can tell from the pictures Ü) I'm so glad everything went well and you finally have him here!!! What a cute litte family ya'll are!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you and Ryan!

Kennedy said...

Camilla, Im so happy and excited for you both. congrats to the NEW mom & dad. How fun!! So glad this little guy is here, he looks so cute and healthy. Sounds like it was quite an adventure but you made it through. I will give you a hollar sometime to come visit after you get well rested.
The Kennedy's

Brenden+Nikki said...

YEAH Finally!! Congrats!! He looks just like a little Ryan! I know his appearance has been long anticipated, so enjoy! :)

Adell said...

CONGRATS you guys! He is a doll. Keep posting pictures! I am glad everything went good. Can't wait to see him at Christmas!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey Camilla - so when can Brenden & I come over to see Kayden?