Sunday, May 3, 2009

What happens when LeeAnn watches Kayden...

Only when LeeAnn watches ANY of the neices and nephews do things happen.  They are usually pretty interesting too.  This time she didn't try to drown Kayden and she actually didn't do anything to bring this on...except lock herself out of our house.  Let me just say though, I felt so bad for LeeAnn and she felt worse for the whole situation.  For those of you who don't know who LeeAnn is...It is my sister and she doesn't have the best of luck at times while watching babies.


So she was watching Kayden on Friday while I was at work and Ryan was at school.  Kayden has her so wrapped around her finger that it isn't even funny.   So he wanted to go outside.  We have one of those door knobs that it may be locked on the outside, but you can open it from the inside.  Well, when she went outside she 'unlocked' the door and closed it behind her.  Well, a half hour or so later she realized what she had done.  It was only 9:30 and Ryan doesn't get home until after noon.  So she went over to Deena and Aarons and they called our landlord to see if she could come let her in.  She said she would be here no later than 10:30.  Deena texted me to let me know what was going on so I would know why LeeAnn wasn't answering if I tried to call.  Well, I got a call from Deena at 10:45 saying that the landlord still wasn't here.  By this time Kayden was tired and grumpy and ready for a nap.  So I took my lunch early and came home to let her in.  While I was in the car driving...completely unknown to me...Kayden tripped at Deena and Aaron's and hit his eye on the corner of the picnic table.  It cut his eyebrow pretty good, but it looked worse at first than it actually was.  When I saw it I felt so bad for him.  I unlocked the door and cleaned Kayden's cut.  Well, you know how I mentioned how tired Kayden was...He never took a nap that day until 5:00 PM and I had to rock him to sleep by holding him so tight that he couldn't move.  Poor little guy.  But I felt bad for LeeAnn that this happened while Kayden was in her care and that these things only seem to happen to her.  

LeeAnn...aka KUKU...we love you and appreciate all you do.  You are a great aunt and we don't know what we would do without you.  

....Here is our attempt of getting a picture of Kayden's shiner...

1 comment:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Poor little guy! and Poor Leeann!! I'm sure she felt terrible.