So, I don't know who reads my blog and who is waiting for a post, but I realized that it had been way too long since I had updated this thing. Life has been pretty crazy so I will do the bullets so I don't go on and on...
- Get treatments every other week (not fun)
- Got the statement for my hospital stay...$95,500
- Ryan goes to Washington to try out for the Tacoma Police Department
- Does AMAZING, but missed the mile and a half run by 9 seconds...yeah it is really unfortunate
- Waiting to hear if he gets to try out of Tempe Police Department
- David and Dana had a layover in PHX on there way to UT
- Kayden got the flu, then Ryan, then me...not a fun week
- I went back to work after my leave to recover from the hospital
- Kayden is in a big boys bed
- Kayden jumped off the couch at Deena's and hasn't walked since (we are taking him in on Monday for a second xray.
- Today, I had the opportunity to attend Day out for Women...WONDERFUL
The last one is what I am going to talk about more. It was so amazing. I felt like I was really supposed to be there. The last speaker really touched my heart and made me realize what I need to be thinking and doing about my disease that I struggle with everyday. She had been partially blind her whole life due to cancer and about 6 years ago became completely blind. She has had cancer multiple times and it can come back at any time. She said at first she wanted to just ask the Lord, "WHY ME!!!" (That is where I am at right now!) And then after much prayer she came to the conclusion that she needed to have HOPE! She said that she knew that there was a chance that it could come back, but she had HOPE in the Lord that it wouldn't. That really hit me as what I needed to be thinking. She was amazing and I am so glad I could here that talk and get the confirmation that the Lord really hears our prayers because I pray every night to know what I need to do and I got my answer today. It was amazing.
Pictures to come tomorrow...I am too tired tonight.



4 comments:
Ouch on that hospital bill. And I thought the one for Taryn's surgery was expensive. There was a recent Ensign article on Hope recently (June). Hope Kayden starts feeling better and the x-rays don't show anything.
I was going to suggest the same Ensign article. It is pretty great. I am glad you had a good time at the Day Out for Women. We loved having Ryan up here!
Wow...you have been busy.
Hope Kayden's okay!! Keep us updated!
I'm so sorry you are having such a rotten struggle with your health right now!...bummer.
I wish I lived closer and could help you out. :)
I love Time Out for Woman...is Day Out similar?
It was so good to see you Camilla! Ouch that hospital bill!! I thought the hospital bill I had from the baby and me were bad. I won't ever complain again.
I'm with ya on the last speaker. I loved her. I totally admired her ability to find humor in her situation. She cracked me up.
I love ya!
P.S. Thanks for saying Collin is cute :)
Post a Comment