Saturday, May 8, 2010

Multi Purpose Post

This is what I am calling a multi-purpose post for obvious reasons. I haven't updated my blog in a while and while time has passed extremely fast...I have no good excuse other than I don't know where time has gone. My life is pretty busy for the most part and I think I want to keep it there...I am going to do a breakdown of what has been going on...hopefully I don't bore you to death. I need to write everything down so I don't forget.
1. My younger brother Karl has found his eternal companion. They are going to be getting married in the Bountiful UT temple on August 10th. I have yet to meet Kiersten, but I have talked to her on webcam and on the phone and we love her. Kayden is very excited to get a new aunt and if you ask him who his new aunt is going to be he can tell you.

2. Ryan did the Pat Tillman run. He said it was an amazing experience. It is a 4.2 mile run and you end the run on the 42 yard line at ASU. Unfortunetly there was over 30,000 people that did it this year so I didn't get a picture of Ryan running because I didn't want to be in the stampede of people.

3. The one year marked passed for my diagnosis. I was diagnosed on March 27th, 2009. In a way it was the best day, but also one that was very sad. I found out a lot that day and over the past year I have done research and found out a lot more. My life changed very drastically over the year. Our plans to expand our family have been put on hold until I am medically released to have another child. I have gained weight and hate it...I mean HATE it. I know what it is like to be completely helpless. BUT, I am still thankful to my Lord that has given me the faith to get through this. Without the gospel in my life and good friends placed in my life and a great husband who loves and cares about me so much...there is no way I would have been able to make it through everything. Although I still have treatments every other week and am still on a heavy dose of medication, life it good! Because of this...
4. Kayden...where do I start...He is growing way too fast! He talks up a storm. He is the sweetest little guy when he wants to be, but we have struggled with the terrible twos. I sure hope the threes are better to us. He has gone through a biting, hitting, pinching, kicking...you name it stage. It is almost through...I hope and he seems to be doing better. I sure do love the little guy though! He says the funniest things and does the funniest things. He keeps us laughing. Life would be so boring without him. I don't remember what life was like without him. He likes to 'hold me', he likes to go play on the swings at Dama and Papa Workmans, he knows his name is Kayden Workman and will correct you if you call him anything else, he loves to play baseball (Tball) and catch with his dad, he is an outside boy, he loves his cousins, he has very good aim and can throw a ball very well, he likes to wrestle and most of all he likes to make people happy. If he knows I am sad...he does everything to make me happy!
5. My sister, Annette, had her second child the day after my birthday...April 19th! Welcome to the world Gage Kimball Barney. He is the cutest little guy. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. To me he doesn't look anything like his older brother, but equally as cute! My sister looks amazing for just having a baby! That was so not me!

6. Ryan has finals this week and will be done with school for the summer! HOORAY!

So that is all I guess...I thought there was more, but I can't think of anything else. If you are wondering about the background and why I would choose it...It is for Kayden. He loves Zebra and get so excited when he sees anything zebra print.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your little boy is getting so big and is so cute!

Kuks said...

Such a cute family I have.