Sunday, November 2, 2008

My baby is ONE! Where did this year go?

Yup, that is right... Kayden is one and I am one in shock parent. So much to remember and so much to worry about. Am I doing things right. Am I going to know how to handle situations when they come up? I can't believe he is a year old. I couldn't be a happier mother though. He is the best little guy. So I have decided to give 12 reasons we love him, but there are so many more...
1. He has a smile that melts your heart.
2. He is so tough. Things that you would think would hurt a child, don't bother him.
3. He loves to laugh. If you laugh, he laughs.
4. He is a well of knowledge.
5. He loves to point at EVERYTHING. It is so cute.
6. He loves people, especially his cousins... Brooke and Landon.
7. He loves to hold my hand and walk beside me.
8. He plays so good by himself sometimes I forget he is around.
9. He still loves to take naps.
10. He kicks his legs when he is excited.
11. He always waits outside for me to get home from work.
12. He is ours and I wouldn't want it any other way!


Here are the pictures of his birthday party.  They are in reverse order so if you want to see them in order go to the bottom and scroll up!
He was so tired by the end of the day he just wanted to go to bed.  He actually was kicking his legs when I put him in his crib which means he was excited to be there.
Kayden got this train from the Stradling family (Ryan's Aunt) and he didn't get to enjoy it until he was the only child around.  Thank you Sherri, Darton, Mallory, Taylor, and Kylie!  Kayden loves you so much!
Every picture that was taken of me I have this dorky look on my face.  Kayden was annoyed that the paper was stuck to his finger.
Grandma and Papa Workman got him this table.  He loves it.  I set it up after he went to bed and when he woke up this morning he couldn't believe his eyes.  It was priceless.  Thank you Grandma and Papa, we couldn't ask for better grandparents.
Grandma and Grandpa Carling gave him these books.  He loves them.  I took them to church today and they entertained him for a while.  Thank you!  And thanks for letting us use your back yard!
He was a mess.  Poor kid couldn't figure out why I was holding him so weird.  He was just fine when I let him play in the sink to clean him off.  He was in heaven!
Can I be done now?
Not only was Kayden in heaven, but Brooke loved the sprinkles on the cake.  
Thank you Kylie... I think you are the reason he had frosting in his ear.  Kylie tilted her head and Kayden copied her and this was the result.
Should I stop eating this yummy cake yet or should I go back for more?
I can't get it off my arm...
Do you think I could fit anymore in my mouth!
Ready...Set...Go!!!
He didn't know what to think of everyone singing to him!
Kayden's great, great Aunt Joanna was able to join us and Kayden just loves her.  

Thank you to all who helped make Kayden's day so special.  It will take him a couple days to recope.  He is one tired, party boy!

3 comments:

The Faucheux's said...

What a cute little birthday boy, giraffe, tractor driver, etc. He is so adoreable! He looks like he is growing up a lot. Heber and Henry would not have given him a chance to ride that Thomas the Train toy, either. Very cool! When we were looking at the cake pictures, Heber kept saying, "Ew! Ew! Ew!" It is his new favorite word. We sure love you guys!

Kuks said...

Hello my little man. I want to know where the year went. You are so sweet. I love you. Aunt Kuku

Tatiana said...

Happy Birthday Kayden! I love the cake pictures. Those are always classic. I can't believe he is 1 already!