Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spruce Meadows...Canada Part II

Spruce Meadows was awesome. Kayden held so still during the whole thing because he was able to watch the horses. Spruce Meadows is where horses from all over the world meet to compete in a course set up and they try to get the best time with the fewest errors. How they get errors is by knocking part of the fences down as thye jump. It was really neat. We did see a horse freak out and not jump anymore. This place was very entertaining and it was completely free. This was a huge highlight of the trip!
Made out of horse shoes.
You can see that this horse knocked part of the course down!
Part of the course.
Funny sign...another one!
Kayden being completely entertained by the horse races!
Elyse showing part of her heritage!  She is very proud to be part Canadian.
This was a pretty cool ball thingy!
Part of another arena that wasn't being used while we were there, but you can kind of see how it is set up.  This one had the horses jumping over water.
Mark and Galye with the friendly animals at Spruce Meadows.
It was so awkward riding this horse.  I don't know how anyone does this.  Maybe I just weighed to much for it.
Our "Cool Dude" Kayden!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun. I haven't been to Canada since I was a youngster. I would love to go there again!

The Faucheux's said...

That is something I have never even thought about doing. So cool!