Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kayden's First Talk in Primary

Kayden gave his first talk in primary...It was on prayer and he did such a good job. The whole room was silent while he gave it. He did such a good job.


Here is his first talk:

There is a very important person that I talk to everyday. This person is someone that I love and respect. I may not be able to see him, but I know he listens and loves me very much. He is our Heavenly Father and we speak to him by praying.
When I pray to him I make sure that I am not distracted. I fold my arms, close my eyes and bow my head. This shows Heavenly Father that I love him. I show my respect to Heavenly Father by using words like thee, thou, thy and thine. This also shows Heavenly Father the reverence I have for him.
My mom told me a poem she learned when she was a little younger. It goes like this:
Thee, Thou, Thy and Thine
Are special words that say
I love my Heavenly Father
And respect him when I pray.

I am thankful I can pray to Heavenly Father and he hears and answers prayers.

1 comment: