Monday, November 24, 2008

Everyday is something new

I told Gayle tonight that I had to update my blog tonight, because Kayden is doing so many new things everyday.  He had Ryan, Mark, Gayle and I in stitches tonight.  He was so funny.  He is getting to the age where he loves putting on a show!  Anyway, tonight we were eating and Kayden did something and Ryan started clapping his hands.  Well, Kayden has NEVER clapped his hands and Brooke always tries to teach him how, but tonight...he clapped his hands and it was like he was doing it in slow motion.  You could tell by the look on his face that he was focusing so hard on making his hands touch.  

Then yesterday Kayden woke up and Ryan got him out of his crib and brought him to me while Ryan made his bottle.  (Yes he still takes a bottle and it drives me crazy!)  He drank his bottle and then we started playing with him and all of the sudden he started dancing.  He dances so funny.  He swings his head back and forth, opens his mouth all wide, and his eyes really wide!  It is so cute!  All you have to do is ask him to dance and he will bust out the little head motion!
I like to say things around Kayden like tickle, wow, dada, kuku, papa, and gaga (his blankets name is gaga).  He copies everything we say and continues to say it!  I love this age.

Anyway, more of what has been going on with us...Kayden was really sick this past week.  He was running a fever of 104 and it is the scariest thing that we have had as parents!  He was so sick.  He was lifeless and we could tell he was in pain.  We finally took him to Phoenix Children's Hospital Urgent Care and they said they weren't going to let him go home until his fever was down.  They kept us there for about 2 hours and during that time they gave him some Motrin because Tylenol wasn't working anymore and they did some blood work to make sure he didn't have a major virus that needed more attention!  They sent us home and said the fever could last up to 72 hours...It did...It was not fun at all!

Last week Ryan's grandma Workman, Aunt Linda, Cousin Mike, Allieta, and her baby Alexis came from Canada!  We had a lot of fun with them!  Mike got in a motorcycle accident in Sept. and hasn't been able to work so he decided to come down here to spend a week while he could!  He is engaged to get married in June and we are hoping to go up there for it!  It was an action packed week, but we had a good time!  I will post pictures later!

Anyway, I better go to bed!  I am getting really tired!  I just needed to write things down while I remembered them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH wow, that is so scary when their temp goes up like that. Just this past September Isaac's went up past 103 and he had a seizure and we ended up in the ER. They did the same as with Kayden, gave him Motrin and ran blood tests. SO SCARY! Glad to hear Kayden's all better now.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Just wanted to say you guys look great in your header pic! :)